Krishi Vigyan Kendra, Pahanda (A), Durg established in 25 March, 2017, under Indira Gandhi Krishi Vishwavidyalaya, Raipur. There are 3 Block (Patan, Durg, Dhamdha) in Durg district. In which 105 gram panchayats of Patan block and 35 gram panchayats of Dhamdha block are included in KVK working area.
- 1. In order to promote organic farming in the district, Krishi Vigyan Kendra is giving awareness to the farmers for the last four years and technical training is being given for demonstration on their fields. Also, in the field of those farmers, organic certification is being done with the C.G. organic certification agency. Due to which it is becoming easier to sell their organic products and they are getting good price.
- 2. Krishi Vigyan Kendra is also working in the field of agricultural mechanization in the district, in which the sowing of crops is being done by line sowing, broad bed and furrow method. Due to which the cost of cultivation is being reduced to the farmers.
- 3. At present, keeping in mind the empowerment of women, 4 women self-help groups have been formed by Krishi Vigyan Kendra, joining which rural women are able to earn well at home.
- 4. Keeping in view the demand for spawn for mushroom production, the work of mushroom seed production is being done in the campus by Krishi Vigyan Kendra so that mushroom seeds can be made available to mushroom growers at reasonable prices.
- 5. In order to give more profit in less time, farmers are being encouraged for quail rearing and information is being given about the benefits of quail rearing through demonstration.
- 6. In the field of horticulture, the Krishi Vigyan Kendra is taking a demonstration on their respective fields by making the farmers aware about the cultivation of high value crops like coriander, turmeric, ajwain. Coriander var. C.G. Dhaniya-1 was horizontal spread in 249 acres with the support of district horticulture department.
- 7. KVK has demonstrated Scientific Badi/Kitchen garden in the district. The same model has been demonstrated by district horticulture department in 3000 Badi’s during 2020-21 & 2021-22